Impulse Youth Arts Organization (iYao) has been dedicated to educating young people. We fulfill this mission by instilling in our member’s music and performance skills through the experience of participating in the drum and bugle corps activity and life skills developed through experiencing the self-discipline and teamwork that is unique to our activity. During the competitive summer season, the members of the Impulse will live, eat and learn together. They will receive the highest level of instruction available and perform in the most competitive musical marching activity ever seen.
The members are our most important asset, and their safety is our highest priority. To that end, we are governed by a strict code of conduct for all participants, staff, and volunteers and take any allegation regarding improper behavior of any kind seriously. iYao also has policies and procedures in place governing the proper reporting and investigation of any such allegations. We are dedicated to maintaining a supportive, safe, and healthy environment for all members, staff, and volunteers. Those interested in reading these policies may find them here.
Impulse Youth Arts Organization
Board of Directors
I. Purpose and Scope
- The Impulse Youth Arts Organization (iYao) requires the directors, volunteers, employees, and members of the iYao and its affiliates to act ethically, practice honesty and integrity, and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- iYao hopes that all will feel free to raise concerns with iYao. iYao recognizes the need to provide a mechanism for the confidential and anonymous submission of such concerns to provide iYao full opportunity to investigate and address potential violations of policy, law, or ordinance.
- The purpose of this Whistleblower Policy is to establish policies and procedures for Submitting concerns from employees, directors, officers, members, and other stakeholders on a confidential and anonymous basis regarding anything against the policies of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Questionable accounting or auditing matters;
- Questionable business ethics;
- Conflicts of interest;
- Acceptance, provision, or solicitation of bribes or kickbacks;
- Legal or regulatory violations;
- Unsafe practices or activities which unnecessarily endanger health or safety;
- Bullying or harassment; and
- Other actions which potentially compromise the integrity of iYao;
- The receipt, retention, and treatment of concerns raised; and
- The protection of individuals raises concerns and their families from retaliatory actions.
II. Reporting Responsibility
- Every director, volunteer, member, and employee of iYao and its affiliates have an obligation to report issues as listed in Section I above.
- Reports shall be made to the Compliance Officer and Vice President of the iYao’s Board of Directors (the “Board”).
- To ensure a confidential forum for reporting concerns, complaints, and issues, iYao has established a mechanism on its website, https://impulseyoutharts.org/, tenable anyone to send an anonymous message directed to both the Compliance Officer and Chairman of the Board.
- While a report may be submitted anonymously, the reporting person should understand that anonymity might impede iYao’s ability to conduct a complete investigation.
- Should the Compliance Officer and/or Chairman of the Board be potentially involved in the reported issue, such issue shall be reported to any member(s) of the Board.
- On a case-by-case basis, the Board shall determine appropriate action. This may include appointing a committee of Board members to conduct an investigation, report the findings of such investigation back to the Board, and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- The Compliance Officer or other individual designated by the Chairman of the Board shall coordinate investigative and procedural activities. Should the Compliance Officer and Chairman of the Board be potentially involved in the issue, the Board shall appoint a member of the Board to coordinate activities.
- iYao will not retaliate and prohibits retaliation by its directors, volunteers, members, employees, and representatives, against anyone who makes a report in good faith under this Whistleblower Policy.
- iYao reserves the right to take action against anyone who makes a report based upon false or misleading information or without a reasonable basis for believing any wrongdoing has occurred.
V. Employee Responsibilities
- Nothing in this Whistleblower Policy is intended to abrogate any duties iYao employees owe iYao, under any applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances, to disclose, report violations (or suspected violations) of law or policy, cooperate fully in any investigations, including investigations of harassment, or to fulfill their duty of loyalty to iYao.
Whistleblower Policy Submission
All submissions are anonymous & confidential. You do not need to include your name or contact information. However, if you would like a direct response, please do include your contact information or email email@example.com directly.